Monday, October 05, 2009

Slow couple of weeks

Just as a warning - my work laptop bit the dust and had to be sent out for repairs. Therefore I might not be blogging as much until I get "my" computer back. This "loaner" from the mothership it not my favorite. As a matter of fact, it is my OLD laptop. The one that crashed and burned about a year ago. Go figure. That's how our IT department rolls. They couldn't fix it when it was my computer but they sure can reload it with a bunch-o-crap to use as a loaner.

Also, next week I'm going to be on the road for work. Luckily I only travel twice this fall, next week and the first week of December. On one hand it's great because I'm not out of town as often. On the other hand it sucks because I think I might be losing status on my hotel and plane carrier....

On a funner note - I've been using my Garmin, aka portable computer, during my runs. It's awesome!! I download all the data and can even access it online from any computer! Although I still haven't gotten all the way through the owners manual/ CD. And I can't look at it at work because my old computer/ current loaner has a detached CD drive. Guess what they didn't send me.....

Random thought - I'm worried that I might get dementia... apparently it appears that my dad is getting it: (actual conversation...)

me: Dad, I just found out Sara B is pregnant! (childhood friend)
Dad: That's great!
me: Yeah, she's due the end of January!
Dad: Agh, that's gotta be awful, she still has the winter AND the summer to go! It must be awful being pregnant in the summer!!
me: uh, what? Dad January is just a few months away. She's not due the FOLLOWING January! How the hell long do you think humans gestate?!?!?
Dad: Oh right! I forgot! You know, it's been a long time since I had kids....

2 comments:

emily said...

hey, did he just call us old!?!

MadHatter said...

From what I know of your dad, that seems like a completely normal conversation. I couldn't spot what was wrong.