Well, I thought I wouldn't be blogging much in the next two weeks - but I changed my mind. At least for today.
I've been noticing really dry skin patches on my cheeks. This usually happens in the winter- but it's not winter here yet. I think it might be from running outside. Damn sensitive skin... If you're familiar with Body Glide you'll know that it's an anti-chafing stick that you can also use for wind burn, sunburn (if you get the one with SPF) and other "conditions". BTW - get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about "Body " Glide, not "Astro" Glide....
me: My skin is getting really dry. I'm going to start putting a swipe of Body Glide on my cheeks before running. It says it's good for wind burn....
the hubby: how fast have you been running?!?!?!?
yeah - ha, ha.
In other news...
Our dog Nicole Joan, aka pee pee dog, is foiling my attempts to get her to stop peeing in the dining room. For some reason she will pee on the carpet in the dining room on occasion. We don't know why. She's been doing this since we moved in. Maybe once or twice a month. (which is reason #287 why we own a steam cleaner) But over the past year she's been doing it more often. It's getting old.
It's not that she can't hold it until she's outside....
It's not incontinence because she only pees in this one spot....
We've already paid a bazillion dollars in UTI meds over the years.... and she was just tested and doesn't have one....
Sooo - it must be she's acting out.
See, dogs aren't so much different than human kids.
We can't figure out what's prompting her to be pissy - pun intended. Plus it's in a room we're hardly ever in and we've never been able to catch her in the act. So I gave up. Last time at the pet store I bought adult Pee Pee Pads. I came home, unfolded one and set it over the spot where she usually goes.
Two days later I smelled doggie pee pee and went in the dining room. Instead of peeing on the pad she just peed a foot to the left of it.
Damn dog....
2 comments:
we had the same problem with bailey and our house in charlotte. she hasn't peed in this new house. very bizarre behavior.
Well...I can only offer things that I would try with my kids, seeing as how I am a terrible dog mom.
Have you threatened to serve her only veggies for dinner?
Have you washed her mouth out with soap?
Have you made her clean it up herself?
None of those work consistently with my kids either.
Post a Comment