Since I've started running I get bouts of sore knees and hips. So, I looked it up on some running sites to see what is going on and how to prevent it.
All the sites tell me in order to make my knees and hips feel better I need to lose weight! Well, what the hell do they think I'm running for?!?!
The last few days I've been a bit bummed out. I've been doing all this running and miraculously ended up GAINING 5 pounds. Which I'm sure is not helping the knees and hips.....
The few friends I've told have all responded with the same thing:
"You're gaining muscle!"
Bullshit... Thanks but that's the nice answer for "I have no idea why your butt continues to grow and why you've developed a muffin top!"
However I shouldn't be surprised at the gain. I realize my usual ritual is to do my run, stretch, take a few sips of water and.... oooooh!! Wine!!!!!
Or it might vary slightly..... oooooh!! Sam Adams Octoberfest!!!!!!!
Or..... oooohh!! Bloody Mary!!
Do you see a pattern?
I think I could probably curb this weight gaining thing by cutting out the alcohol. But as Canada Girl told me "C'mon! Don't be a quitter!!!"
I have a real dilemma....

2 comments:
That is not a dilemma. It is just a good source of motivation to stay active. Yeah, that's it. Now pass the icecream and bodyglide.
i continue to breastfeed so i can eat all the chocolate i want!!!
Post a Comment