Tonight I'm taking my little sis to see a movie. I'm probably more excited about it than she is.
Earlier in the week I was telling the hubby that I gave my LS 2 options for Friday night. We could either see "How to Train Your Dragon" in 3D at the mall or we could go to our house, watch a DVD we have and make cookies.
the hubby: why don't you let her pick a movie to see at the mall? What if she doesn't want to see the dragon movie?
me: 'cuz I want to see the dragon movie and I'm payin'! I gave her a choice. If she doesn't want to see that movie then we can come here and make cookies...
Is that so bad of me?? It's an age-appropriate move for her. And I'm guessing she's never seen anything in 3D before. So that in itself is pretty novel.
And for the record, she chose to go see the movie at the mall..
3 comments:
As a parent I believe my kids should learn to make choices.... but I get to be the one who tells them what their options are. If I told Cooper to just go choose a shirt, he'd come back with something crazy on. No, I have to say, do you want this shirt or this one? I'm sure there are movies at the mall that would not be appropriate for your sister to choose, so as the adult, you have to narrow down the choices a bit. And of course, if it gets you what you want, that's just a bonus!
McMom gave you some McFabulous advice!
you did great
Post a Comment