Today I have apologized to people on behalf of other people. As in "I'm sorry I put you through this but my boss screwed up thus wrecking the smooth process for all the rest of us peons. But since it's coming from me I'll be the one to apologize." 'Cuz trust me folks - my boss ain't apologizin'
And to the rep that lost the samples I sent him over TWO weeks ago for his "special important" meeting.... If it was so special why didn't you take better care of your samples?? And no, I can't just overnight you more. See, I have to get them from Canada. I don't sit atop a pile-o-samples of new products here in my office. This is a new product and not yet launched so I have to get it from the source. But alas, marketing always answers to sales so I still bend over backwards to get him what he needs. Long story short - 15 emails later back and forth to Canada - they can send him the samples directly but it won't get there until Wed. morning. (since today's Tuesday)
- But the rep said his meeting is early Wed. so that won't work.
- I call the rep to explaing this to him and after a lot of "who's on first" he realizes his meeting isn't until THURSDAY morning.
- I'm back at email saying "Game on people. He had his dates wrong!"
- Only to then get a call from his manager saying "don't send them it'll cost a fortune and that's what he gets for losing them in the first place."
- So I email Canada "Game off - his manager said so"
- And then I get an email from the manager saying "still send them, just send ground" Game on!!!!!
- And finally I get a voicemail from the rep (because for some reason he has an aversion to calling me in the office and always calls me on my cell and leaves a message....) that he has, indeed, found his original samples and now requires none from Canada.
- So I'm back at email apologizing to the guys in Canada (I have a mental image of little elves running around the mail room*) and tell them finally "game off. for real this time."
ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?
Please and thank you.
*I would like to note that I do not, in any way, think of Canadians as elves. It's just that elves seem so productive and live in a cold climate. I'm sure this explains my random association. I'm sure of it.

4 comments:
ah, so now changing diapers, chasing drool monsters and telling dogs to 'leave it' all day long seems so much more peaceful. but then you make enough money to buy pretty things. . .
i feel your pain, sista! each and every day..... i hope you get a better response to your plea for cooperation than i have! ;^) my head honcho is being particularly difficult this week. but, i should be used to that, no?
Actually, Canadians are lumberjacks.
Midget lumberjacks.
And to think, I got yelled at for doing my job correctly, then for doing work at home, off the clock, therefore saving the company money, and somehow STILL got accused of taking up too much time. Dumbfucks. Some days I'd rather be a midget lumberjack... except there'd be all those calls from you. Le sigh.
Post a Comment