Have you ever had a shi-tac-u-lous day??? I'm having one. And I mean that in every sarcastic sense of the word. (If you consider that a word.)
The big man is on my shit list today. I won't name names but it's not the hubby, my dad or God.
Our "relationship" is one of "he says, I do". I used to be more of a fighter for my own thoughts and ideas but I learned long ago it's not worth the fight. (seeing why I'm so terribly bored???)
I'd had it today. I went in to his office to get clarification on something. I figured we'd do the "dance" that we always do. It goes something like this:
- I waltz in and explain a situation.
- He foxtrots back with "What's your recommendation?"
- I salsa forward with "I suggest....."
- And he tangos over to tell me what he really wants done (which rarely agrees with my suggestion)
- And I chachacha right out of his office thinking "if you just told me what you wanted to do in the first place, like you always do, we could dispense will all this time-consuming shit".
Uh oh. Two whammies within 60 seconds of each other. 1) Completely surprising me with his answer (not in a good way) and 2) touching a soft soft about my "position" here.
I immediately shot back "I'm NOT a director, I'm only a manager!!" because I'm still pissed about something related to that. But I won't digress and get into all the details here. However if you're going to tell me to "act" like a director (which I used to be at my old compnay, BTW...) then let me do my frickin' job! But alas, I'm only a manager so I will do as I'm treated... and paid. After I said that he started getting testy and I shot back with "You don't listen to my suggestions so why don't you just tell me what you want to do!"
I'm not sure that even penetrated his skull. He gave me some look - which he gives me when he's pissed/ frustrated/ not in the mood to explain something (so apparently I'm a mind reader too! add that to my "manager" description!!) and then proceeded to keep talking. I should clarify that "the look" is something akin to facially telling me that I can't do my job. My response to that - I'd happily do my job IF YOU'D LET ME!
UGH!!
Whatever.

2 comments:
Sorry for your day, but love the new word, I will be stealing it and using it often. Shi-tas-tica-lly Yours, MH
Go make some peanut butter pie (with an Oreo crust!) and you will feel better.
Post a Comment