Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm like a retriever

The past four months that my back has been bothering me has caused me to notice 2 lumps in the same general vicinity as the pain.  Although I can assure you they do not appear to be connected to my back pain. They're just there.

Any of you with a lab, or probably any other old dog, may be familiar with lipomas.  They are fatty, soft blobs right under the skin.  Usually harmless.  I figured this is what I found - but in our culture they sure do a good job at teaching us to get all lumps checked out. 

So I did today.  My doc wasn't worried, but did admit it doesn't look/ feel like a usual lipoma.  (it's not "just under the skin", it's deeper.  So you can't actually see it if I were in, say, a bathing suit.)  On the other hand it doesn't look/ feel like any other of the sort of bad things you would worry it could be.  Just to be sure she sent me to have a sonogram.  Looking at the screen during the scan both lumps I have appear to be nothing of concern.  But of course I'll have to wait for the "official" diagnosis.

So now you can call me "Lumpy".  Or "Old Dog"...  But don't be surprised if you get a whack upside the head for the second one...

3 comments:

emily said...

Hee. Hee. What about 'Bitch'? Can we call you that?

Zoo Keeper said...

Shoot Em, I get called that all the time... ; )

WanderingGirl said...

Pooh King's full of 'em... and we call him "Ol Lumpy" all the time.