Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Need advice

How do you get yourself out of a funk?

I suppose it would help if I knew how I got here in the first place.  But I don't have a clue.  My first inclination is always to assume it's because it's winter here and there's no sun.  But alas.  There's been sun.  (not to mention I feel like I spent the better part of December in Las Vegas and California!!)

I'm sure it doesn't help when a friend, who shall remain nameless (but I will describe as someone who lives in CA, works in the vet industry, is working on a PhD and does triathlons - see no names mentioned....) sends you a picture message from the BEACHES OF HAWAII!!!  While I'm very excited for her and her wonderful trip - she deserves it! - it's really the last thing I want to see when I'm in a severe funk.

So tomorrow I'm setting that alarm clock nice and early (honey I hope you read this so you're prepared) and going to go swimming.  I don't care if I have to sleep in my swim suit.  I'm going to do it.  I've been so wiped lately that I've been using that as an excuse not to get to the gym.  Well I'm going.  And hopefully it will change my attitude.

Or make me fall asleep at my desk.  In which case I'll beg off to my boss I'm sick again and head home.

But I'd love to hear how you guys perk up!!  (aside from caffeine-induced all-nighters...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Prozac.

emily said...

buy myself something pretty and take long walks on the beach . . . and prozac.