I'm not talking stupid beauty creams. People get over it. Skin wrinkles and sags. It's called gravity. But of course I'm talking about your state of mind.
To stay young always try something new!!!
Be it a place, idea, activity or food!
But just try it. Open your mind. It might not end up like you thought.
It might end up better and you might find the new love of your life! (new hobby, perhaps??)
It might end up worse and then you have great stories that start with "well, it sounded like a good idea at the time... "
So I tried something new on my birthday.
The hubby and I went to a great Indian restaurant and I tried goat.
I was going to get lamb, which I've eaten before, just not at an Indian place. But the hubby heard the goat was less gamey. So I went for it.
I guess the emphasis being on "less gamey" - meaning it's still "gamey".... The least gamey parts were fine. Just tasted like braised beef. But most of the other parts were a little too gamey with lots of connective tissue for my delicate pallet. Andrew Zimmern I'm not. But over all it wasn't bad. But I'll stick with dosa next time, thanks.
Andrew Zimmern in Mongolia eating lord-knows-what....
(photo courtesy of the Travel Channel)
(photo courtesy of the Travel Channel)

1 comment:
okay, this is toooo weird. coach had indian for the last week...and he tried goat! he described it much like you did. of course, this wasn't just the first time he'd had goat - it was the first time he'd tried indian! (he honestly can't stand the smell of curry.) but, he tried it and i'm so happy he did!
Post a Comment