So this past weekend David and I decided to make a weekend out of it. It was the Head of the Fish in Saratogo Springs. We planned a nice weekend so we could spend some time together between the kids races and the masters races. We stayed in Residence Inn both nights (thank god for Marriott points!) The schedule went like this - we drive the trailer (60 foot trailer, mind you...) up Friday afternoon. The high school (David's kids) and college races were on Saturday and the Masters (for me and David) races were on Sunday. It didn't turn out as well as we had hoped.
Saturday was disugting! It rained all day. Look at what the rowers had to tromp through all day!! I was ok until about 11AM when I was officially soaked to the bone. Water had penetrated thru my jeans and my super- duty spandex. (actually they're more like thin neoprene...) My Gortex jacket couldn't take the onslaught by then either. However I had enough layers on my top half to keep me relatively dry. It was still miserable any way you looked at it...
This is Mickey - one of David's rowers. I swear - this kid is so laid back I don't think getting hit by a train would shake him. I mean, really - I swear he was the only person I could find that was actually SMILING during all this rain... It's probably becuase the lumberjack beard was keeping him warm...
No comments:
Post a Comment