Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yeah Girls!!

Sorry for the delay in the posting but I am on the road AGAIN!!! Although I'm still traveling for work I was REALLY looking forward to this trip! I am currently in Kansas City with our rep Brooke. Brooke ROCKS! She's my age, single and a bunch of fun. (She even puts up with me rattling on and on...) Then tomorrow I fly to Atlanta to work another tradeshow with another rep and a regional manager - both fun, hip gals. This week is going to be a blast!

I felt so special - Brooke invited me to go with her to her supper club. So last night I tag along to the all-girl supper club. It was tappas (NOT topless) and we had a great time - ok I had a great time, can't speak for every one else, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was great - we had REAL girl talk. Man, I miss girl talk. It was quite a cross-section of thirty-somethings. All were career girls. One was pregnant, two were married, one was engaged, one was single. Some wanted/ had kids. Some didn't have/ want kids... Some get along with the in-laws, some dont'... I had a blast. It's always nice to know that you're not the only one that has in-law issues, or concerns about having kids, etc... I haven't been able to find a group of gals like that in Syracuse. It made me realize how much I miss conversing with a close group of girl friends! I'm so jealous that Brooke's got a group to hang with!

Well, I apparently didn't embarass Brooke too much at supper club because she asked if I would be interested in going with her tonight to her kick-boxing class. I said SURE!! Then I included the caveat that I haven't been working out and I may not be able to keep up and/ or might be clutzy (like usual) and slip and fall and end up with my ass on the ground or something. She's a sport - didn't seem to mind. Of course, if any of that bears out I'll make an ass of myself, not her. I'll have to blog after the class and let you know how it went. If I don't blog then you know I died trying!

I'm sitting on my hotel room taking a breather until I meet Brooke for the class. We had great Mexican/ Southwest food for lunch - one of those places where they make you guacomole at your table (did I spell that right???) I ate most of it. I hope it doesn't decide to make a second appearance at about 7PM at the kick boxing class. That would REALLY be embarassing!

As I'm writing this I realize that I have the TV turned on to Jeopardy - little kid version. I didn't notice at first because I have the volume turned way down. I need to change the channel - watching little kids jeopardy only makes me feel stupid and that I haven't accomplished anything in life....

quick - change the channel before I get depressed!! I can't go to kick boxing depressed - it would defeat the purpose!!

No comments: