Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kickboxing in Kansas City



I'm not the kickboxing queen. One day maybe... But I did make it through without A) tripping and falling on my ass (which was a real possibility here with me, the clutz queen) and B) tossing up the guacamole from lunch. I did not pass out and I did everything (albeit, slower than some in the class) except for the tricep dips (bum shoulder no longer allows for torquing backwards as required with dips) Here is a lovely picture of Brooke SEE! she's all smiles after a grueling workout!!! What a sport! I didn't even bother to take my picture. I sweaty girl with her tongue hanging out of her mouth like a pooped pup is not attractive!



Who is the kickboxing queen, you ask?? Well, I've determined the queen is Rita - the instructor. (in the middle) And the two princesses are Brooke and her friend/ neighbor, Diane (on the right) I like how they're all smiles and giggles. They made that workout look like like a quick little jog around the track. (Rita taught class with that long-sleeved shirt on!) Meanwhile, I'm sweating and burping up chicken burrito the whole time thinking "DAMN my hip is so going to cramp up if I keep this up!!" and other thoughts like "Oh my god - my arm is going to detach itself right from my body!!!" But I have to say that Rita ROCKS! Her music was my FAV!! We had some Heavy D in there as well as a bazillion others of my favorites from many moons ago. I almost felt like I was back cheerleading and dancing again. You know, back when I was in kickass shape and probably could whoop some real arse! Uh - but not so much anymore...

And as I'm sitting here writing this entry I keep having to dab off the ooze that is forming on my knuckles where the gloves kept slipping and I would hit the bag with my fingers and not the nice padded part of the gloves I had on. Wha, wha - I know - I'm whining. But all in all I did have a great time and an even better workout!

Everybody give Rita a big Mary Catherine "supa star" for her great Kansas City kickboxing class!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So where do you take kick boxing class???

Zoo Keeper said...

You know, I have no idea - I was just visiting... I think they also did karate there too. But if you're looking for it that probably wno't help much. Sorry...