
For most of her life she was able to keep herself well-groomed with little to no help from me. As she started getting older she would get some knots in her fur. Usually she'd sit and let me brush/ cut them out if they were too much for her to handle.
The past year or so she's become much less tolerant of this grooming ritual. She might let me start to cut out a knot and then she bolts. I think it's mostly due to her eyesight. She can't see much and will hold still for me but as soon as she "thinks" another cat or dog is approaching she wants to go. Usually there is no other animal near. Ok, maybe she's going senile...
Regardless, the knots have been getting worse. I found one on her lower chest that was bound pretty tightly to her skin. I tried to cut it out but she wasn't having any of it. (I have these sharp, small sewing scissors that allow me to cut bits through and through the knot until I've released it without any harm to her.) On top of the one her chest she was starting to get many started on her back. She refused to sit still to let me gently brush those.
I'm certain they were bothering her - at least the one on her chest. It was literally bound right to the skin. That can't be comfortable. She I called KVeg to bring over her animal clippers. We had to get to the bottom of this.
So, between me, KVeg, two towels, clippers, closed in my bedroom and an hour later, we got this:

Don't laugh. I am convinced that she is happier now without the skin-tugging knots. The hubby is not convinced. She does look a bit pathetic... But I laugh every time I see her. However I am happy to report that she seems fine with it. (Don't worry - there are plenty of warm places for her to hide in our house...)
3 comments:
Look at her posture, head hanging in shame/embarrassment. Poor thing...
Please prepare your readers better. I was not expecting to see that. I am still confused as to whether to laugh or cry.
Sorry about not prepping you! But it would lose it's impact if I gave you a heads up.
Post a Comment