Last night KVeg and I hit the weight room for the first time since the spring. I had mixed feelings about it. I love lifting BUT I was afraid it might hinder the training for the half marathon. And the reason I worry about hindering training is because I have already spent big $$ for the entry fee AND a plane ticket to AZ. So I don't want to do something to myself that might cause me to not make the trip....
A few days ago I was at the grocery store (don't worry - this will eventually tie back into weight lifting...) and I noticed they started carrying roasted garlic cloves on the olive bar! YUMMMM! So I got about a cup full and a bag-o-crackers. I headed home and immediately started to chow down.
OMG it was good!
Later that night in bed - don't worry, DEFINITELY no sex story here - the garlic "caught up with me". In a "about lit the blankets on fire" kind of way. I made the hubby gag. Really it was that bad.
side note to MH - see. we don't hold back at our house. I don't know how you do it...
Well I had more yesterday at lunch - BUT preceded it with a few caplets of Beano. I figured I was in the clear. But no - I was having serious gas pains as I was changing in the locker room at the gym that night.
Uh oh.
I told KVeg that if I accidentally farted while lifting to expect me to immediately leave the area and to NEVER return to the gym again. *and to watch out - I wouldn't be past trying to blame it on her. she is vegan after all... I'm thinking she ingests lots of roughage.*
Well, I made through the session without any embarrassing trumpet fanfare. But towards the end of the workout KVeg leaned over and said "I hate to break it to you but you really REEK of garlic".
Oooops. Good thing I wasn't trying to pick up guys. I'm thinking garlic-y sweat is a HUGE turnoff.
2 comments:
I do not even know what to offer, I would be embarrassed for you, but know that would not interest you.
I say if the roasted garlic was that yummy, it was totally worth the side effects.
Post a Comment