Can someone remind me why I decided I was going to run a HM?? 'Cuz I can't remember.
I ran 10 miles yesterday!! (hurray for me!) The first 4 miles sucked because I was having calf pain. But it was a cramping kinda thing so I ran through it and it eventually went away. Around mile 6 or 7 I started to feel a hot spot on my arches... I ran through that too. I don't like doing things through pain, and to finish sometimes that's just what you have to do. Not like "I broke my leg" kind of pain, of course. But you get the idea.
I was pretty excited since I ran the whole time and my knees and hips did not give my any issues! Whoo hoo!!
Sure enough when I got home I saw I had developed a small blister on the arch of my left foot and a large blister UNDER the callus (on my arch) on my right foot. Yes folks - I have calluses in places where calluses should never be.
Then I got in the shower. I'll spare you the deets, but let's say that I had developed a "significant hotspot" in an unmentionable place. I didn't notice it until the water started running on it and it started to sting.
I'm now asking myself "why"? Why did I decide to do this? And why do I continue to run with arch calluses and blisters... and other "issues"??? This is just not natural!
But then I remember when I started rowing my hands were covered in terrible bloody blisters. In rowing that is considered a rite of passage. If you don't get blisters when you first start to row (prior to them becoming calluses) you're not trying hard enough. It's the price you pay to join the elite club called "rowers".
So I will, for now, assume that these blisters and "hotspots" are the price to pay before you can join the "running club".
Shitty initiation fee, if you ask me...
5 comments:
There should be no hotspots "down there" ever. EVER. Something about your undergarment fit just isn't right.
And I must remind you that YOU are the one that wanted to do this... I did no talking you into this. YOU asked for it - I believe the reason was so you would have a goal to keep you working out through the winter, but now I wonder, won't winter still be going on after we finish the half? How are you going to keep in shape for the four months of winter AFTER the half? Oh and a reminder, YOU LOVE ME... :)
i thought you were doing this so i had something funny to read on your blog . . .
youch! Those little hot spots creep up on you sometimes! I have only ever had 2 or 3 in 10 years of running but they suck. Good for you on the 10 miler!
10 miles!!! YOu rock, that's why you are doing this!
Post a Comment