Rather, while boarding a plane. From SYR to ATL. There was a hold up with people boarding in front of me. I was standing at the door of plane waiting for traffic to move. Behind me I heard two southern gentlemen having a (rather loud) conversation:
SG1: Bomb-ba-deer! Well look at that! Our plane is made by Bomb-ba-deer! I do believe my boat is made by Bomb-ba-deer!
SG2: Huh, well how 'bout that! I didn't know Bomb-ba-deer made planes!
SG1: I'm sure of it. My boat is from Bomb-ba-deer. Or is it my engine?? Wait.. Bomb-ba-deer....
I swear they were almost yelling this conversation. Just loud talkers I suppose...
Well, the reason they were having this conversation was because they saw the manufacturer "Bombardier" on the side of the plane. Now, I'm no big city girl, but I've been flying enough to know that it's "bomb-bard-ey-ay". Not "bomb-ba-deer"...
So every time they said it I couldn't help but giggle a little bit. I finally turned to the attendant at the door and whispered "Can you hear them?" (I mean, really - who couldn't??) She finally cracked a smile and said "yes. You wouldn't believe what we hear sometimes!!!"
Oh, I can only imagine!!!
1 comment:
Kind of reminds me of the Poo-der River.
Post a Comment