Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful 10

I'm thankful for quiet. 

Quiet makes you contemplate.  You may contemplate life, politics, religion.  You may think about the future or remember the past.  Some people don't want to remember because the memories are hurtful.  Some people don't want to be introspective because they don't like what they see.

I'm sure some people crave quiet just because their lives are so "loud" - be it busy, bustling, on the go or literally loud.  They want to hear their inner dialogue but can't for one reason or another.

For a long time I didn't want to be quiet.  Or alone, for that matter.  But I'm slowly finding peace with myself.  And when it's quiet you hear things you've never heard before.  Be it the cooing of the birds early in the morning as sun rises or that tiny, small inner voice that's giving you courage to move forward.

1 comment:

The Coach's Wife said...

i couldn't have said it better!