Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Hate is such a strong word

Yet I can say with certainty I hate Las Vegas. It's totally not for me. I'm not even enchanted by all the glitz and glitter. As a matter of fact all that shit makes me want to poke my eye out with a pencil.

Where is the only place you can find people sooo excited to get their photo taken in front of a fake waterfall?? Or a mini Eiffel tower??? Or a lit up pyramid???? (Of all these the pyramid is the closest to the real thing. In Cairo they light it up at night, it sits right at the edge of a crowded metropolis and it's in the middle of the desert...)

And yet guess where I get to go at least once a year for work.

Yup. Vegas.

At least the Rodeo National Championships are in town while I'm here so I get to stare at lots-o-cowboys. I'm guessing Ty Murray is here so there's a good bet Jewel is around too. Too bad Vegas is such a big town....

On the sex front (not mine! The hotel neighbors.) seems there was a little action around 11:30pm last night but it didn't last long. Still the stupid porn screaming but not nearly as loud. I'm convinced a hooker's rented the room (did I mention I'm on the concierge level??). Must be a high priced "escort"... I'm surprised so early...Sunday's must be slow.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Agreed. Did you know they actually had to dim the light at the top of the pyramid because it was interfering with the flight patterns of the planes? True story. The pilots couldn't see because of it, so they had to dim it down to the light it is now, which can still be seen from the upper stratosphere. I have a 3 day tolerance of Vegas. Shopping and shows... that's all I care about, and I can shop anywhere.

The Coach's Wife said...

me-three!