Friday, January 14, 2011

Martha and a Golden Nose

I'm no Martha Stewart. But you knew that already. I don't even want to emulate her. But I confess I once saw an idea of hers that I thought was pretty nifty that a "normal" person could make. 

And so I did.


A few years ago the hubby purchased one of those black, rubber bean shaped boot trays and so I filled it with river rocks from Target. I got the idea from Martha's above pebble-filled tray. It works well at our house so long as you remember to vacuum out the occasional dust bunny that gets caught in there...

On a separate note I am one that really suffers from a dry nose in the winter. Sure, my skin gets dry but I'm really talking about the inside of my nose. Sometimes it gets so dry that I suffer from phantom smells. I literally will smell things that aren't there nor shouldn't be and I blame it on my overly exposed dry nose. Like lilacs in our kitchen in the dead of winter.  (I don't even like lilacs.) Or freshly cracked pepper in the bathroom.  I'm serious - my nose can really go bonkers.

So last weekend on our way out the door to IKEA I grabbed my jacket, turned to the hubby and said "Ugh! Do you smell cat pee?!?!?!? I smell cat pee!!!" He swore he smelled no such odor. Since it's such a pungent, disgusting smell I assumed my dry nose was up to something again. Plus we've never had any issues with our cats peeing outside the litter boxes.

Today I got a call from the hubby. Well the mystery has been solved. Apparently someone decided to use my Martha boot tray as a litter box!!! We have no idea who. (well a cat, of course...  but we don't know which one...) We have no idea why. But we better find out soon!  Because that is gross!!!

And for the love of Pete - if you've been in our house lately and have no mentioned that it smells like cat pee then you're fired!! Y'all are all good enough friends to tell us this.  This is IMPORTANT information to know!!! So next time please do tell.

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

Ha ha ha ha! Reminds me of the time I thought it smelled like cat pee everywhere I went, only to realize when I got home that one of the rescue kittens had peed on the bill of my hat, and in fact, I was not being followed by a hobo all day.

And I think I'm going to get one of those boot trays! That's cool... minus the cat pee, of course. :)