Monday, January 10, 2011

RIP Food Saver II

Well, that is until Food Saver III arrives!!!

As you may recall my Food Saver I (which I bought not long after I the hubby and I got married) conked out on me back in the spring.  Which led me to purchase the Food Saver II.  I like my FSII because this model is smaller and doesn't take up nearly the counter space!!  Plus it has a locking mechanism so I don't have to manually hold down the lid to activate the "suck, then seal" process.  Oh, wait.  I'm in marketing.  I'm sure a better way to state that would be "vacuum and seal process".    But an alliteration is so much better on the ears - and this particular one - more amusing on the funny bone...

Well I was suckin' and sealin' my spanikopita two to a bag on Saturday when I had one more bag to do (isn't that always the way...)  when that sucker stopped suckin'!!  Dern!  So I gave it a few hours, tried again with no luck.  I was P.I.S.T. - pissed!!  This thing wasn't even a year old!  I mean I even wrote an ode to my Food Saver!!  How could it be so fickle?  The hubby asked if I was going to call them about it.  I said I would.  Later.  When I was in a better mood.

A few hours later I called their customer service center expecting to get a message on their Monday through Friday hours of operation.  But no!!  I got an actual person!! I was excited but the hubby wasn't.  I promptly made him turn his Guitar Hero waaay down so I could carry on my conversation with the FS customer service lady.   (again, I'm still not sure the hubby is clear that Guitar Hero is a game and that playing the "guitar" with the game does not make one capable of actually playing a real guitar.... )

After a very friendly chat with FSCSL (that would be food saver customer service lady for those of you who didn't get that) and a test run with a spoon in a bag, she too concluded the machine "doesn't sound quite right".   The FSCSL was fabulous!  I wish all CS people on a Saturday afternoon were so pleasant... 

So I'm getting a new one!!  YEAH!! 

Was it wrong of me to be excited to come to work today just because I was able to ship back my Food Saver which meant I was that much closer to getting my new one?!?!?!  Because I had lots of cooking and baking planned for this weekend that had to be postponed because I had no Food Saver!!

So I hope my FSIII arrives soon!  This has potentially put a dent in my food plans that I just blogged about!  Arg!!  But to make up for it I'll be eating more spanikopita this week.  I have 2 pieces that have to get eaten!!  I don't want them to get freezer burn because they didn't get the special Food Saver treatment before it conked out!!  ; )

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

That's awesome! Good to know that if mine ever conks out there will be a FSCSL to back it up!