So I have that "new every 2" thing from Verizon. Every 2 years you get $100 to use towards a new phone. Well my upgrade due date was yesterday. I was very excited because I wanted to get a new phone that took better pics than the current one. (I take all my pics for the blog with my cell) I dutifully did my research to see which phone best fit my needs. I narrowed it down two 2 and fianlly decided on the razr. The hubby has one and likes it. I'm thinking - millions of people have it and love it. It seems to fit my needs...
I go to Verizon and walk in and ask them to set me up with the razr. It took about 45 minutes to get all paperwork done... but finally I walked out the new owner of a new phone.
I played with it for about 30 mintues and finally realized I HATED IT!! Really. That much. What did I hate about? EVERYTHING. What did I do? I went back and exchanged it for a new brand of phone. (same brand I already had - LG) NOW I'm in business. Although I did get one of those bluetoothy things... that I have to still figure out...
As I'm walking out of the mall with the second phone of the day it starts ringing. Great! first call with the new phone!! yeah!! I look and see that it's dad. I answer it.
me: hello?
dad: silence
me: Dad? hello??!! (volume of voice raising)
dad: silence
me: DAD!! HELLO!!!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?? (I'm getting looks from shoppers. apparently I'm now talking very loud)
I get frustrated and hand up.
Phone immediately rings again.
me: dad? what's going on?
dad: silence
me: DAD?
all of a sudden I had an epiphany. Oh shit! the lady paired my bluetooth with my phone and apparently I have to use the bluetooth to talk. Big problem. I don't know yet how to use the bluetooth thingy. I don't even know how to tell if the stupid thing is even on. I have no idea how to figure out how to even turn the bluetooth thing off on the phone. I'm getting really frustrated because I HAVE to get home to finish cleaning before mom and Carol show up.
Since the bluetooth issue was not know to dad he apparently seems to think something is wrong with my phone. He then proceeds to call me back. As soon as igt starts ringing I send it to vm. He calls again. I send him to vm again. Man I'm pissed!! I can't figure out how to answer my new phone!! What good is a phone if you can't talk on it??!!!!
Ok - I need to read up on the phone/ bluetooth thing. Oh, and call dad back...
1 comment:
my bluetooth thing doesn't work very well. It pisses me off, so I barely use it. aaaarrrrggghhh.
Post a Comment