Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Exlporer

As most people know - I love my car. Even though it costs a bazillion dollars to fill her up and is probably the sole reason for any oil controversy in the world.... I'm torn - on one hand I'd love to get a new SUV - 1) because it would be new and 2) to get something more environmentally friendly (as far as SUV's are concerned...) and 3) to save $$ on gas. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

I think my husband would like me to get a new car just so it might actually stay clean. (you all know the psychology behind that one - you buy the car and it's clean and new and you try to keep it clean and new for as long as possible.) Maybe that would work for me for about 2 weeks. Bottom line - My truck is a pit. Always.

It's covered in hair and it always smells like dog - imagine that... Sometimes it has a wet-dog smell going on too. But what do you expect?? I put wet dogs in it on a semi-regular basis. The dash is always dirty with fur and dust. There are stains on the upholstery. Unlike my husband, I DO eat in my car. Otherwise I'd starve. I'm not changing my habits. period.

Something happened the other day that might actually force me to clean my truck on my own accord.

Nikki puked in my truck.

I'm standing at practice talking to the women I coach and my husband is standing at the back of my truck with the back window up, talking to the dogs. All of a sudden I see him scrounging. For what?? towels.

He cleaned up the worst and I thought I was good to go. That night I went out and did the "wet towel second cleaning" to get anything else. I thought I was all good. I came to work yesterday, no problem.

But then this morning things changed. I got in the car and I was hit with this disgusting, putrid smell. Apparently when I thought I had cleaned up, I hadn't really cleaned up. It was sort of dark when I tried to clean it 2 days ago and I apparently didn't do a good job.

This is bad. My dream car smells like doggie throw up. It's almost, if not as bad as, human throw up. Gross.... Not only am I going to have to really clean it, I'm going to have to do it SOON. and it's so bad I'll probably spend to have it professionally done. Otherwise - I'm just going to have to buy a new car. That new business suit I was going to buy is just going to have to wait....

1 comment:

Nik said...

Think you are right there ... that suit have to wait you need a new car. Oh try getting leather seats if you really need to transport kids and animals around - lots easier to clean up after :)

Cheers