Ok, so I've been slack for a month. What can I say? Let's see, what's happened in the past month?
David got home from China safely. He suffered NO JETLAG!!! I go to San Fran for 3 days and come back with jetlag. He goes to China for 2 weeks, comes home (tired, yes) but that night he sleeps fine and is functioning normally the next day. Am I jealous?? You sure as hell bet I am!!!!
The day after he got back was my b-day. We went to Lemon Grass- a FABULOUS Thai place. yummy!! And he did bring me back my mahjong set I asked for as well as a tea set and ebony chopsticks for my b-day. He rocks!
The next few weeks I worked as usual. I was to go work with our NC/SC rep and I flew down early to spend a few days with dad. Unfortunately on my way down there dad's mom died. Change of plans - cancelled working with rep and instead drove to WV with dad and Justin. Now I remember why I haven't gon e on a "family" road trip in forever....
Saw relatives I don't remember and met cousins/ second cousins I didn't know I had. How 'bout that?!
I just got back last night from working in Ft Lauderdale with our rep down in FL. Had a great time - although very busy. I did get a chance to see my cousin Patrick and his crazy friend Joe. I'll post a pic as soon as Patrick emails it to me. We spent the evening at Georgie's - fab gay bar. I think I was one of 5 girls in the whole place. The other 4 were definitely together - in some fashion.... Although I easily could have passed. I had on my jeans and a t with my wallet in my back pocket.... Drank WAY TOO much. (happy hour was 11AM to 9PM - bogo. I'm not shittin' ya!) Had to get up at 5 the next morning to the road with Ryan (rep). As many of you know - I've never been a late night kind of girl. And although we left at 10:30 - all the beer and the appletini did NOT contribute to a good night's sleep. I was the walking dead the next day. Somehow I managed not to collapse - but I know I yawned more than a few times when we were meeting with customers..... (I tried to hide it. but everyone knows when you're hiding a yawn....)
So now I'm home, looking forward (insert sarcasm here) to the rest of my VERY busy travel schedule over the next month. Let's see - next week I'm in DC, and then have to drive to London, ON. Week after that I'm in LA, home on Fri. at 9:30pm and have to catch another plane at 9AM the next morning to go to TX for all the next week. Yes - I admit it. When I get bumped to first class (becuase I've FINALLY gotten status on USAir) I immediately get a bloody mary. I don't give a damn what time it is. Ok, on the way back form FL I didn't get one on the first fligth because I felt guilty getting a drink at 7am. But by the next flight, and 15 screaming kids later, I broke down and got one on the way home - at the appropriate drinking hour of 9:30am. Hey, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!!
I'll try not to be so delinquent from now on. I want to thank those of you that contacted me to make sure I hadn't died or something. I have a wine and cheese party/ fundraiser tonight. Maybe something interesting will happen that I can write about! Surely some crew mom will drink too much and I can pass on her exploits. But I'll have to change names, of course. Wouldn't do good in the event one of D's rowers found my blog... (highly unlikely, but just in case... )
1 comment:
I contend that a bloody mary is a breakfast drink. Drink it whenever you want to.
Post a Comment