This weekend it was HOT. So I gave D the head's up to prepare the pool.
Yes folks, we actually GOT IN the pool this weekend! Not only that, but we were in it both Saturday and Sunday. AND - I'm planning on jumping in after I get in a run tonight. (Not the 7 miles I'm supposed to run. It's too damn hot! But after a few...)
My century ride is coming up in a month. I think I ought to probably start getting my arse on the bike soon. (FYI - a century ride is 100 miles in one day... quite intensive.) But it's just so much easier (and in my opinion, safer) to just throw on some shoes and go run. Although I have to say in this heat and humidity riding is probably more tolerable. At least there's a breeze blowing in your face.
Regardless of riding or running, I ordered another sports bra today. I've come to that lazy place where I only have enough clothes for a few days of working out before I have to do a "special" load of laundry. "Special" meaning cold water, no fabric softener and a special sports detergent (because I am one stinky girl!!) But then you have to let everything air dry..... well I just couldn't keep up with that laundry pace. Ok, who am I kidding - I didn't keep up with it. If I didn't have clean work out clothes I just didn't do it. So hopefully by adding a few tops and another bra I can make it a 7 - 10 days without having to do a "special" load. Am I lazy or what??
(of course this is NOT instituting the college policy where I had no qualms about wearing a sports bra two or three times before I washed it. Gross, I know but I just can't do that anymore....)
Did I tell you what I did this weekend? I got in the pool!!
Oh, I already mentioned that? Sorry... It was really enjoyable!! I floated in the pool and read a book. (see, I didn't tell you that part!) And I started re-reading the Twilight series. (Hey "Outnumbered" - it occurred to me this weekend that you can add the Twilight series to the mountain of great stuff that Mormon's have done!! ; )
What is my fascination with this series?!?!?!? Emily -I'm still looking up crap on the actors online!! The obsession never really stopped - it just took a short hiatus. And you know what's REALLY bad? That Taylor Lautner is CUTE!!! And this is bad because I know he's a minor!! (At least RPatz was legal!!) And then I found some video clip of Kellen Lutz doing push-ups in front of a crowd of teenage girls (during some Q & A session). Man - he's HOT too! What a bod!
This really isn't appropriate. I mean really - a 30-something year old woman should NOT been swooning over these babies. And babies they are!! I have decided that anyone younger than my brother is a baby to me. Did I mention my brother turns 23 in three weeks??? But I have to admit - I see them and my thoughts turn back to the college days.... ahhh.... the good 'ol days...
; )
3 comments:
i just purchased more baby bottles so i don't have to do 'special' washes any more either. =-D
as for the twilight obsession, might i recommend you read 'the outlander' by diana garbaldon. it rocks and might take your mind off twilight for a bit.
if it makes you feel better, i bought an us weekly yesterday because there's a story about kristen and rpatz hooking up in real life. . .
First, a confession. I have not read any of the Twilight stuff. Apparently there is something wrong with me.
As for E, he's in 7th grade. It's all new this year. Junior high turned into middle school and went from 7-9 to 6-8 and high school went from 10-12 to 9-12. So 6th and 9th grades moved up to a new school. His was the last 6th grade class to attend elementary school here. Make any sense? About as much sense as all my kids starting school on different days.
special stinky detergent--spill the goods. Never heard of such a thing.
Post a Comment