Thursday, September 17, 2009

And it starts...

The hubby had practice last night and since I'm not running or riding this week (except for Friday, of course) I had plenty-o-time to make steaks and mashed potatoes from scratch. (I usually only make taters for holidays!!)

Since I had so much extra time I decided to park my arse on the sofa with a glass (or glasses...) of red wine and see what the fabulous DVR had ready for me.

Much to my surprise I had Oprahs from as far back as Sept 3rd! (I have it programmed to only record new episodes) So I sat there and went through them - some I skimmed but others I watched - like her big 24th Anniversary part on the Magnificent Mile with the Black Eyed Peas. It was great!!

And then there was one where she played viewer favorites of surprises over the years. I LOVE watching people get great surprises!! I was so happy for them I actually teared up for several. (ok, I cried. "tearing up" doesn't quite describe it...)

Which is why I felt sheepish when D came home and my eyes were red... You know a new season of Oprah has started when I'm cryin' at the TV (that or Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is on....)

No comments: