Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's here!!

Yes, it is, indeed HUGE!!! My new HRM came today. I brought it back to work with me to see if I could play around with it.

Um, that'd be a negative, ghostrider.

This thing is quite complicated. Actually, finding the menus on the wristband is fine. But I spent forever trying to download the software for it off the net. You can download the info from your watch onto the software - not, I suppose, if you can't get it properly off the net.

So I think I have it downloaded but I can't find a tutorial or anything. Plus since I haven't done a workout yet I don't have anything to download. It came with a disk - supposedly the users guide... I mean really - how complicated does something have to be that they put the owners manual on a disk?!?!?

I see myself taking the laptop home tonight to see if I can learn more about this fantastic piece of electronic equipment. My next run is tomorrow so I better get something figured out by then!!

4 comments:

The Husband said...

So, you get cable on that thing?

Christy said...

Was it downloading that software that killed your computer? BTW - your wrist looks freakishly small with that thing on... I tell you, once you figure out how to use it (and yes, you will need the user manual on the disk), it is very nice! But the weight will slow you down initially... :)

MadHatter said...

Can you do your hair like Judy Jetson in the morning too?

Sara said...

that thing is a little insane. I have been thinking about training for a halfer too, but it seems that by the time I get home I have no mojo left for a run.
Good Luck!