Did I mention my century ride is Friday?? That would be 100 miles in one day.
Yes, I've done this ride before but I was a novice at the experience. I really had no idea what to expect.
Now I know. And in this case, knowing is not a good thing.
I've tried to keep it out of my mind as long as possible. Every time I ride I keep thinking "gee! I'm riding my bike! What fun! la-dee-da-dee!!" In other words - I try very and hard (and successfully) to block out why I've been riding.
Yeah, yeah - I know how to get through it. And I will, no doubt. But still....
The last few training rides - especially the last one - have not instilled me with confidence. Which is not good seeing as how I need all the confidence I can get!
Also I'm concerned about an old injury I apparently have aggravated by riding. I haven't run or rode all this week just to give it time to recoup before the actual ride. Let's hope this strategy works.
4 comments:
i wouldn't think any less of you if you only did a quarter of a century ride. good luck friday!!
I think it's natural to worry, but you are going to do just fine!! You never cease to amaze me with all of your capabilites. =)
You are going to do great! I'll make sure you make it through!
You are awesome and are going to do great!
Post a Comment