Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Why I hate shopping.

I was shopping for a jacket at the mall. I was thinking of a cotton one I found for $125 but was browsing in case I found something better. I hardly ever wear leather but as I was walking past a leather coat store one in the window caught my eye. (think urban biker in brown) I went in to peek at it (just for giggles) only to find out it was on sale for $150!

Well hell! That's only a bit more than I was willing to pay for a cotton jacket!! I bought it in a moment of shopping euphoria.

The next day I started having second thoughts. I determined I wouldn't wear it nearly that much and decided to return it.

Well - apparently the store does NOT take RETURNS!!

WTF???

They do store credit but there was nothing else in the store I was interested in. It's all leather and suede jackets. They do not do returns.

Gee - I'm f*%king glad someone told me that when I bought it!!

Apparently there was a sign - not obvious - and then don't verbally tell you this policy.

When I went today to return it I started out nice. Then I got bitchy and ended up storming out. I will refrain on commenting about the manager I was dealing with. Needless to say he royally pissed me off - and not just because of their shitty, non-existent return policy.

If you're interested I'm putting it on craigslist and maybe ebay.

This is why I don't shop. It's just not worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you fell off your bike would you give up, sell your bike and never ride again?? No. So dust yourself off, sell that jacket and put your shopping shoes back on!! =)

Besides, it's one of the only services I can offer you. I don't have tools, hardware, lawn games or financial planning advice. ;)

WanderingGirl said...

Wear your leather, says VegGirl. Write it down.

Anyway, you're not going to make your money back by selling it on eBay or Craigslist, so you might as well keep it. You liked it, you wanted to return it out of buyer's guilt, and now you're just pissed. Get over it and wear your jacket. It's getting cold.