First we hooked up the Wii. After tons-o-fun we have decided the following:
- Due to low ceilings and ceiling fans in our house, there will be no playing basketball on Wii
- Liam does not understand the concept of "getting out of the way" for moms and daddy to play Wii (see picture below)
- The hubby does not like any games where the wife can beat him. He won't admit this is the reason but I've noticed a pattern....
- Wii golf is surprisingly realistic. My back even hurt like a SOB the next day, just like when I play real golf...
- Must find a way to move Wii into dining room where we have more space....
See, we have a small family room - as evidenced by this photo. And of course Liam loves being 'round his "people"... The hubby is trying to bowl here. I don't think this particular turn was very successful...
Speaking of old... (wasn't I talking about being old??? I can't remember. I must be getting old...)
The hubby and I were in the car on our way to my MIL's 60's birthday dinner. Now you'd probably think that a 34 year-old going to a 60 year-old's dinner would make one feel young, right? Wrong.
As we're in the car the hubby, while driving, reaches over to remove a cat hair he saw on my chin. Except it wasn't a cat hair. That bitch was ATTACHED!!! The hubby accidentally found my first chin whisker!! And since I'm in the car there were no tweezers near by. I sat and plucked at that bitch for minutes before I got it out. NOT making my day. So to make me feel better I ordered a really dirty martini at dinner. And then had wine. And more wine.
On top of all this weekend excitement I was battling a terrible head cold. As in "honey get the drill out. I need a small hole drilled in my head to let out all this pressure and gunk." As a matter of fact, I didn't even go to work yesterday because of it. I'll spare you the details of what was draining out of my head. So to help with these issues I went to the store and stocked up on Puffs with Lotion (highly recommended for the nose. Not so much for cleaning the glasses....) and Puff with Vicks. Ah, the sweet, tingly relief of menthol!!!!! If you ever have a terrible head cold I highly recommend Puffs with Vicks and a lovely Vicks nasal inhaler. You'll look and smell like grandma for a week but it's such sweet relief!!! And, if you can't stay away from the Wii while you're sick I suggest ping pong. You only have to stand there and flick your wrist.

4 comments:
Question: Does your husband read your blog? I never used to share mine with Brett but now I do. Just wondering since you made that funny statement about him not liking certain games... Anyway, I think I liked mine a little better when it was no boys allowed!
we call those crazy hairs that seem to appear out of nowhere "mutant hairs". aren't they fun???? i once had one on my cheek (it was peach-fuzz in texture) for days before i ever noticed it - chalk that up to bad lighting in an apartment bathroom. when i told coach about it, he said he noticed by didn't know how to tell me. i made him vow then and there to always make sure i know about something like that!
hope the wii is lots of fun for you, even if the conditions are a bit cramped! =)
we need a wine and waxing party!!
Dude, I discovered the Puffs with Vicks during my last cold, and have now STOCKPILED them. When Jason uses too many, I give him the hairy eyeball and take the box away. Those things are gold!
Now, I demand a story as to why the blog is private. I want a stalker, and wish to know what kind you have, how you got him/her, and what I can do (besides writing more frequent posts) to get my own. So spill.
Post a Comment