Whew!!! My "missing" college friend, Missing in CT, DID accept my friend request and does NOT think I'm a stalker. Ok, she didn't say that she doesn't think I'm a stalker - but I'm pretty sure if she did she wouldn't have accepted my friend request. She commented back on my wall that I should look through her friend list as there are people from the old gang on there.
I should have known - all the "old friends" are boys.
A little background on MCT. As I stated before, she was/ is completely and utterly devoted to "Fred". Even though he was at school over 10 hours away, she never strayed. Always professing her love for him (when it came up. I mean, she didn't hang out in the hall reciting poetry dedicated to him or anything. She didn't sicken us with it.) But all this devotion was much to the chagrin of all the boys we hung out with. MCT was (and still very much is) hot. And a flirt. The girl was just nice all around. And in college - a lot of times being really nice to a boy = flirting. Serves the boys right to have to suffer. They knew she was already taken.
I digress... the point is she was friends with all the boys. Half of those boys I dated. One, in particular, I had a pretty sticky history with. But life moves on and I'm over it. But there's that little piece of me that wants to friend the old boyfriends just to snoop. Just to see how their life turned out.
But upon further introspection I decided not to. It's not worth it. First, they probably wouldn't accept the request anyway - unless of course they wanted to find out how I was faring... Second, it's irrelevant. Who do you know who has a crappy life actually portrays their life as crappy on FB?? People bend over backwards to make sure the rest of the FB world thinks their life is the best! couldn't be better!! The whole don't-you-wish-you-were-me thing. Ok, not everybody does that. Some are more humorous about their crazy realities. Wish I like just as much. But I'm pretty sure if I went to their pages it would shout "I'm doing great!! I'm successful!" So why bother letting them know that I want to look? Plus, I'm sure if I wanted any good dirt I could just ask MCT to give me the scoop.
I should clarify - that I do not want to look just to see if they have crappy lives - I wish everyone to have great success and happiness. But I'm just sayin'....
No comments:
Post a Comment