Friday, November 05, 2010

5 (of 30) things to be thankful for (wow that's poor English...)

I noticed Neda does "30 Days of Thankful" and I think it's a great idea.  Especially since I've been so crabby lately.  I need to remind myself that I have a lot to be thankful for and I just need to shut it.

Obviously I'm a few days behind so I'm going to catch up today with 5 things

I'm thankful for:
  1. A hubby who is great!  (and made a mean roasted chicken with vegetables last night!!!)
  2. Friends who are there for me.  I've got some great friends.  You've been there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on, someone to help me celebrate or heck, just paint or decorate a room! Like sending me some of your hi res photos to blow up and frame!! or having you, your sister and BIL come to my house, spend the night in sleeping bags on the floor with me and help paint my first house before I moved in!! Been there for my wedding(s)... 
  3. A job.  I know I poo poo it on occasion.  But I can't complain that I have a job that pays me well and gives me good insurance coverage.  (all of which not everyone can claim these days...)
  4. Our freedom.  I normally wouldn't admit this - but I'm extremely, overly patriotic.  I tear up at the national anthem.  Hell, I even teared up when I was on the interstate last week and passed a convoy.  Even when my brain can't wrap itself around it, my heart definitely understands the sacrifices that selfless men and women make to keep us safe and free.
  5. Moving joints.  Although I can feel I'm starting to get older I'm lucky I'm completely mobile and able to do things to stay healthy.

NOTE:  Mom Outnumbered just reminded me that if I have the photos digitally I could put together an album with scrapbooking software!  Genius!  ('cuz I scanned every one of them suckers!!  I had a bad feeling about our photographer.....  and I turned out to be right!)

1 comment:

emily said...

love the 30 thankful idea! so beautifully stated . . . as always!!