The run was in a local park. It was gorgeous!! Obviously I wasn't running too hard - as evidenced by pictures I took while running.... (perhaps running is too strong of a word. Fast, bouncy walk is definitely appropriate!)
Not sure how many participants were there but I did see bib numbers into the 600's.
And we're off, into the sunny, crisp morning!!!
Annnnndddddd now we're stopped....
Apparently someone on the planning committee had the great idea of all 600+ of us starting the race in a beautiful, grassy field only to get bottle-necked at the opening of the trail head. Smooth....
(you can't really see the trail head but, as luck would have it, that funny blue pointy hat in the picture below is actually, albeit accidentally, pointing to the opening in the trees!)
Finally! On the path!
The event was sponsored by a bagel company and part of the shtick was you got a free bagel (and coupons)when you finished the race. That was enough incentive for me to sign up! However by the time I finished the race the line for bagels was nearly 150m long!! Forget it. I don't need a bagel or coupons that bad... (plus I already got my "free" long sleeve T when I got my race bib. I got what I came for!)
Afterwards I came home, showered and went over to help KVeg paint her new house!!! KVeg and her boyfriend XVeganX bought their first house together! YEAH!!!! They closed Friday and are trying to get it painted and the hard wood floors redone before they move in their stuff.
Unfortunately XVX spilled paint down his pants, on his shoe and onto the floor as soon as he picked up his paint tray.... (which explains exactly why they are painting and then redoing floors....) So he was left of paint in his boxer and.... black dress socks??










1 comment:
I have been spending so much time on the house that I have not been checking up on blogs, so I'm just reading this. And cracking up!! That photo is priceless!! Thanks so much for your help too! You're the best!!
Post a Comment