Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful 23

I'm thankful for Sephora. 

Hello, my name is Zookeeper and I'm a make-up addict.  I'm pretty sure Sephora is going to have me go broke. 

And even worse - it might even turn me into a girly-girl.  I've already bought hot rollers.  Hell, I even bought travel hot rollers just last night!!!

Although my experience today did make me feel very old.  Even though little 20-something "Lindsey", Sephora employee, didn't intend to make me feel old.  Actually she was extremely helpful, courteous and fun.  But here are two snippets from my shopping trip.

L:  yes, do what you're doing, dab gently under your eye with your ring finger.  Just like that!  This stuff is great!  It will keep your shadow from creasing and everything!
me: yeah.  I'm getting to that age where my concealer creases.  Well, lots of things are creasing around my eyes...
L:  Yeah!  My mom says that same thing!!!
me: (great....)

Later while standing in front of the chubby eye sticks (insert own joke here) I admit to my make-up obsession.

me: I have lots of make-up I just don't use it.
L: Why not?!?!  You should get it out and play around with it more!  Try new things!!
me:  I just don't know what to do with it.
L:   Well....  (dramatic pause)...  do you know YouTube is?  (said slowly and drawn out as if I miss it and she might have to repeat.)
me: yeah.  (dear god!  when does this chick think I was born?!?!  1924?)
L:  Ok! Well you can go on there and watch lots of tutorials!  That's what I do all the time!!

Gee, thanks... 

(actually, I think I will!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm just thankful for make-up in general. I'd be more thankful if it did a better job of covering things up. And I'm pretty fond of that indoor plumbing too. We really shouldn't take these things for granted.

Sara said...

You truly make me laugh Julie!

WanderingGirl said...

What did you buy? I'm a fan of Laura Geller's Spackle...