Upon further reflection I guess it depends on what you consider a "project".
- I joined rowing in college to "be a part of something" even though I wasn't (am still not) in love with the sport. But stuck with it for years anyway.
- But I started painting the deck this summer with that resurfacing paint and still have yet to finish going over the edges by the house. (Yes, hubby , if you're reading this I have not forgotten about it. Although I do appreciate you not harping on me about it - which is probably what I would do to you were the tables turned...)
- I'm not a huge fan of running (yet!!) but I've been doing it for more than half my life - and even committed to a half marathon just to increase my time on the pavement!
- I started a "Home" book. It was to be information about each room of the house. What paint colors were in each room. Where I purchased certain things. If a room was not yet decorated it was to be filled with ideas pulled from magazines, etc... I got a binder, set it all up and even started clipping ideas form catalogs. But the book never actually got "made". And now it's just out of date...
- Have I mentioned that we don't have a wedding album? In my own defense the photographer was supposed to make it for us but that didn't happen. (I will not go into the drama of the photographer. I don't need to stir up old wounds...) And I could care less about making albums or scrap booking and such so I haven't touched it. (so does that count as an unfinished project if I never wanted to start it in the first place??)
I started knitting a sweater a few months ago. I got most of the way through it and then started my Murphy bed. Since the bed was truly needed and taking up garage space I told myself my first priority was finishing that bed. I wasn't allowed to touch the sweater until the bed was made and the room put together.
Check! Murphy bed installed, guest room "livable"
So last night I picked up the sweater again. I'm determined to finish it because I really want to wear it!!
But I can't make my sweater and forget about practicing piano, or running or swimming....
Gee, I guess I'm back to that whole "discipline" thing again....
My plan is to finish that sweater this weekend and not start anything new! Ok, nothing new that will take over a total of 50 man-hours.... Because I'm already planning on canning more apple butter and bread & butter pickles this weekend. But I can get that done in a day. (and knit in the down time!!)
WOW! I think I just made my plan for the weekend!
1 comment:
I don't have a wedding album either. That's right, me, the photographer, did not hire a photographer to take pictures at her own wedding. And don't feel too bad. My "to do" list pretty much stays the same from week to week. I think because us women just try to do too much and we end up never finishing any of it!
Post a Comment