Monday, November 29, 2010

why do people do what they do???

Have you seen in the national media about the guy that killed his ballerina/ dance student girlfriend? 

Yeah, well that was right in our backyard.  Literally.

The boy - I hesitate to call him a man for a myriad of reasons - lived with his parents in the same neighborhood as my in laws.  The girl's body was dumped in a swamp area that surrounds the back of my YMCA. 

Things like this shouldn't happen to kids.  I know they do.  But they shouldn't. 

We obviously don't know all the details but please instill in your babies (and I mean anyone you influence under the age of 18) all you can about respect for others.  And about not relying on boyfriends or girlfriends as your means of self esteem.

They haven't said anything about these particular issues in the papers but it just seems any relationship so unbalanced that it leads to death probably has some sort of these psychologically detrimental elements in them.

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

Shitballs, Batman. His parents probably are as stunned as the rest of us. They never see it coming.