Often I have side conversations with my boss about all the work the hubby and I have done to our house. And when I say "work we've done to our house" I mean that literally.
Work WE'VE done. Not work we've HIRED OUT.
I've made this exceptionally clear to my boss. Usually in the context of "because we can't afford to have someone else do it."
But who am I kidding. He knows exactly how much I make. I'm sure he's not buying it. But at least I was pretty sure he was clear on the fact that we are DIYers.
And that I wasn't a wife that sat and watched my hubby do all the work. I'm a participating kind of wife. And not in a I'll-help-you-carry-that-dear kind of way either... You get the drift.
So my Admin needed a hole drilled in the top of her desk for computer cords and let's face it - It was just way easier for me to bring in the drill and bits and do it myself than to wait (and pay) for a guy to come do it for us.
And so I did.
And I did it before my boss got into the office this morning.
This is the guy that notices NOTHING. Like the huge new toaster oven that I had ordered for the kitchen, which he didn't want for years because he swore it'd take up too much space on the counter top. Yeah - he didn't notice it all. Or when our Marketing Asst. had been out all week on vacation and finally on Friday asked "Is Little Bit out today?" Uh, she's been out all week....
So today he walks in towards his office, past my door and stops. Backs up and says "A drill??"
Of all things, on all days he notices the drill on the table in my office.
"Yes, boss. It's a drill. I had to put a hole in New Gal's desk."
He looked a me, raised an eyebrow, harrumphed and walked away!!!
What did that mean??? Did he think I was making all the "home improvement" stuff up?!?!?!
I think he was jealous that no one asked him to drill the hole. You know, him being a man and all.... ; )
2 comments:
I logged on- thinking I may try to post something and wound up reading yours.
As a formal employee - I can totally envision the "look."
Think of it as a compliment!
Maybe he's afraid you're going after his job, with all that initiative you demonstrated!
Post a Comment