Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Almost back to normal

I'm back at work today. Not 100% but I'd say at least 75% - enough to get some work done.

Speaking of work... it's interesting to see the cross-section of friends I have that read my blog. (Yes, I'm NOT ADD - I've been tested. You just have to keep up with the shifts in my brain. Ask Dee, she'll explain it to ya.) Some from high school, some from college, some I just met at work during the past several years. Each person, depending on when they met me has an idea of how I work and function(or not functino, as the case may be). Some people might see me as organzied - others, just the opposite. When I worked at Oneida my office looked liked a bomb exploded. In retrospect - that's fitting seeing as how that's also how I felt while I was working there. Too bad I don't have a picture of it for comparison purposes. At my job now I'm much more at peace. Take a look at my desk. You can actually tell that it's made of wood!!! I even have a plant! (well, actually it came with the office, I didn't bring it in....)

I've also come to the conclusion that I don't hate traveling for work (like I'm prone to tell people) it's just that if there is some virus or bacteria to catch on a plane I end up with it. And if not... well then I get a sinus infection instead. THAT is the part that I do not like about traveling. Although this past trip was, um, adventurous, to say the least.



Quick recap:
-ruined presentation... check
-ruined clothes and tioletries due to exploding mousse... check
-running out to grocery to get replacement mousse at 5am (it's ok, I had jetlag)... check
- getting back to hotel room only to then find that toothpaste was runined too... check
-paying $5 for the "travel" kit in the room in order to have toothpaste that didn't taste like orchids and green tea... check
-hotel forgetting to launder ruined clothes in time for me to wear ...check
-tripping on the sidewalk in front of LA county hospital (NOT where you want to trip) in front of the one sales rep that will NEVER let you forget it... check
-runny nose, sneezing, everyone asking if you have allergies... check
-meeting interesting Dir of Respiratory in CA, find out he's from Toledo, a big racing fan and offers to send your hubby collectibles and get him into the Indy races because he's on their rescue team... check (I'm SO winning wife of the year this year!!)
-staying at friends house and thinking the little Ewok dog peed on your comforter... check
-loving to stay at friends house because you get room with A/C (and it blowing directly on your face, I LOVE THAT and I'm not being sarcastic etiher...)... check
-showing friend other friend's blog and having her laugh so hard she almost pees on the couch... check
-eating great Thai food and drinking fabulous wine (unfortunately not at the same time) .... double check
-waking up with head feeling like in vice grip... check
- flying home with head feeling like it's in vice grip doubled by a wicked hand over... double check
- suitacse not showing up at airport... check
- call in sick from work(due to sinus infection - hang over is long gone)... check
-suitcase showing up more than 24 hours after it was supposed to... check
- warn chirporator that if he even comes close to touching sinus areas on face will hit him... check (I really did that today... not hit him, but threaten to.)

Well, I usually fly without a hitch, except for this last time. So hopefully I'm set for some smooth traveling over the next few months now.

Tonight have practice - I coach masters women's rowing. I'm sure pretty soon I'll have some goodies to tell about that too. You just wait!

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Was it my blog? please say it was my blog. I'm funny. Sometimes funny enough to make you pee. I want to make someone pee with laughter!

Zoo Keeper said...

yes, of course it was your blog!!! You're the funniest of them all!! :)