I'm just a chatty Cathy today! Several entries in one day! WOW!
This particular entry is to warn you of possible upcoming VERY boring (not just the regular boring) entries. The cell phone picture feature is acting weird! As you may know, I only post pictures to my blog that I take with my cell phone, regardless of the fat that I have a pretty nice digital camera at home. (Ok, it would be considered crappy by King family standards - but it was a great little camera when I first bought it!! .... 4 years ago....)
Why do you only use the cell phone pics, you ask? It's complicated but I'll break it down for you. Said digital phone is only able to upload to home desktop. Hubby has a million anti-virus/firewall/protection thing-ys on home desktop that makes it nearly impossible to upload pictures from the desktop to the blog when I'm home. It can be done (after seemingly hours of troubleshooting and tinkering to figure it out) but you have turn off a million pop-up blockers- and not the one that you just have to click on the icon. Oh no - too simple. You have to turn off the simple ones first THEN you have to go into all these different programs, sort through their menus and pick out the teeny, ittsy, bittsy line that corresponds to their particular pop-up blocker and turn those off too.
Man - you'd think we were the Pentagon!
This process is way too complicated. Plus, since I'm on the road a lot blogging only from the home computer doesn't make much sense. Enter in the work laptop, cell phone and email address. I take a picture on the cell phone, email it to my hotmail account and download it onto my work computer. From here I blog on the laptop and download the pictures from the hard drive. INGENIOUS!! Work is cool with it - obvisously so long as I don't do anything too terribly immoral or, god forbid, illegal with it all. And since my nickname is grandma I'm thinking I probably have nothing to worry about...
Although my boss did warn me once not to have kiddy porn on the laptop (jokingly, of course) - not that he had to warn me because he found some or anything!! But I did let him know that there might be "kitty porn" like a snapshot of my cat licking his butt or something. He laughed. I don't think I'm getting fired over that one.
1 comment:
We still want pictures. Even if you have to stand on your head to post them.
And look... you have archives!
Post a Comment