

Ok, all this talk of rescuing animals made me want to share with everyone the fact that Ma King and I aren't the only two "suckers" for hurt, sick animals in need of a home. My great friend, Christy, is one of us too!! She and Anne have 3 small dogs (Cockapoo, terrier and a small Ewok-looking fluffy dog named Duffy Dillon [my name sake!!]) and 4 cats. I can't remember all thier names at this moment but I know that one has only three legs. I beleive the story is that Christy (who works for a large vet admin. company) was at the vet and they shared with her that someone had brought in a stray and it was currently in surgery because one of his legs was severly infected. It ended up being amputated. Christy decided she would adopt it. I'm just excited because I get to see all of them at the end of this week.l I'm traveling to CA for work and staying and extra day to see Christy and Anne and the "kids"!!! I can't wait!
2 comments:
I desperately wanted to adopt a 3 legged puppy from a rescue agent in Fairbanks a few years ago. His name was Ford, since he'd lost a leg due to being creamed by a Chevy. I hope he can still pee on Chevy tires.
Now that there's more of us than you can count on one hand, I think we can qualify as a cult....... Just a thought.
Post a Comment