I have always been a morning person - much to the chagrin of my friends growing up and now my husband. I remember spending the nite at a friend's house and falling asleep in front of the tv at 9. I also remember waking up at 6am and being the only person awake in the house. I could name many a friend that this situation applied to: Aarthi, Sara, Bryn, Kelly, Erin, Jessica, Chandra, Pam and Stephanie... I could go on and on. Aarthi lived across the street and Pam and Stephanie lived next door - if I was there the worst case - I'd get up and go home.
Once I had a sleep over with Bryn, Kelly and Jennifer - I'm thinking we were in 5th grade.... We were all on the outs with Pam and Steph (reminder - next door neighbors) and decided we were going to TP their house. We had it all planned out. TP - check Flashlights - check dark clothes - check The only thing left to do - wait. Wait until everyone was sound asleep. Then we'd tip-toe across into their backyard and let the festivities begin. Man, their back yard was FULL of trees. Pine trees too! It was going to be great.
But I was getting tired. I was afraid I couldn't stay up late. I lobbied everyone to go now. It was 9:30. Not exactly the hour we were waiting for. But it was my house and I got to set the rules. So out we went. We made a mess of the backyard. No one saw us. We were golden!! Then, someone dared me to go and TP the tiny, lonely little dogwood in the front yard. That was it. Mr and Mrs. Pawluch were still awake and I got caught. We all got caught. Not in-trouble caught - just geez-clean-up-your-mess-girls caught. It was still embarassing.
We wouldn't have gotten caught if I coulod stay awake longer...
Another instance: (that happened onmore than one occasion...)
College, 10:30pm, Tuesday. Call from Tiff.
Tiff: We're heading out to go downtown. Come with us.
Me: Please, I'm already in bed and you just woke me up. Forget it.
Tiff: Looser.
some things never change....
2 comments:
I never called you loose. Just a loser. And you usually didn't even answer until I'd called 3 or 10 times. :)
No wonder you fit right in here at the farm!!!!!! We are up and rolling by 6am, 7 days a week. Those horses don't get the concept of "weekend" no matter how hard or often I try to explain it to them... (plus, it's a good time to hit the leftover apple crisp before the rest of the fam wakes up!)
Post a Comment