Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Ries Taco


Here is Ries (pronounced Reese - but named after the wine, Riesling...) We call this the Ries taco - he cuddles in the "cat pad" on the sofa. A little history on Ries:
I got him as a kitten in CO to keep Cabby (another cat, actually named Cabernet - see a trend?) company. Needless to say - it didn't really work out that way. He was SO sick when I got him - I spent $700 in three weeks on him (of my grad school loan, mind you). When I first brought him home I showed him the litter box back in my bedroom. Later we were playing in the family room and he had to go. Either he couldn't remember where it was or he had to go too bad - so he hopped up in a potted plant I had in the room and pooped there. Very resourceful...
In case you've heard me bitching about it in the past - or if I say something about it in the future - this is the "puking cat". He's the reason we own a $400+ steam cleaner.....

3 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

It's terrible how anxious and jittery your cats are. Utilizing the age-old self-defense mechanism of exposing the soft underbelly. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Julie.... My girl, my girl. A few weeks ago the dogs and I discovered a badly injured kitten (about 6 weeks old) hiding in our barn. Not only did I dump a bundle on getting Tonks well but followed up by adopting Maggie, the sickest kitten at the Aiken SPCA, to keep her company. Assuming they both survived that is. Where is my brain? Well, they are both livin' large in the barn now and my vet's kids private school tuition is paid for the semester. How do they know where to find us? Don't know what I would do without any of them though. Love the pics.

Zoo Keeper said...

I think we have a big sign "SUCKER" on our forheads that only animals and vets can see....
WHile we're on the subject - my lab/chow has had an ACL repair - once on each knee... THat happened right after I bought my first house - by myself. Needless to say, she was lucky because funds were VERY tight at that time. I always seem to have animals problems that cause $$ when I seem to have the least amount of it. But hey - I figure that's why they invented credit cards for....