I'm not done whining yet. I landed in good 'ol Syracuse yesterday around 5-ish. Went to get my bag only to find out that USAir FORGOT to load 15 bags on the place before we left. How do you FORGET that??? I mean, hell, my bag alone is big enough to attract attention when just left sitting on the tarmac (which is, apparently, where they accidentally "left" the 15 bags.) I'm second in line to claim a lost bag and get reassured they'll have it to me by this evening once the next plane from Philly arrives. It's 3:10pm the next day and still no bag. The good news is they at least are noe telling me (via automated telephone response) they have my bag. That's better than a few hours ago when they still could not locate my bag....
I'm not feeling well, had the sniffles all week and have the hubby stop at the pharmacy to grab drugs for runny nose. Grab them, get home and take the nyquil. I went to bed at 8 or 8:30. I have decided this is the best way to beat jetlag. (even though it was done unintentially) By the time I went to bed I could tell I was really getting a good cold. The clincher? When I woke up in the middle of the middle of the night achy, sore and feeling as though my head was going to explode. Took more drugs, went back to bed. I called insick this morning.
I am feeling better - but not by much. I feel like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. Why is that?? I have never been beaten with a baseball bat but that's what I equate it to. Maybe I should say something more like "I feel as though I was riding my bike hard and fast down a steep hill, hit a rock and went flying over the handle bars and this is how I felt the next day." That's pretty acurate too. AND, that I have done that so I'm confident in the comparison. And it's not just the body aches. The worst part is feeling as though someone shoved a huge snot/ booger stopper up in my nose, halfway to my brain. Now don't tell me I grossed you out with that. I'm sure every single one of you reading this has had that experience at some point in your life. And you know exactly what I mean. I am confident that I will be back at work tomorrow. I have faith the snot stopper will unlodge itself soon and I will feel much better. (I just like the word "snot". It sounds like it looks - what's that called again? )
I did end my CA trip on a good note. Christy, Ann and I had great Thai food one nite. Then the next night we grilled out and Christy and I drank WAY too much wine - especially since I had to be at the airport at 5AM the next morning. It was rough. I ate McD's once I got there because I really needed some greasy food to try and settle the tummy. Nothing like being on a cross-country flight with a hang over. (although it does beat the time I flew across the Atlantic with a hang over - my very FIRST hangover, might I add...)
If you get the chance, Rosenthal (Malibu) makes an excellent 2001 Cab. I just recommend that you don't drink 2 bottles of it with a friend and then start on a third, cheaper, oh sorry - less expensive, wine after that.
cheers!
2 comments:
Well, if you haven't cleared the snot plug by tomorrow, send Hubby (David's new name in my book) to the store to get you Mucinex. I promise, it's worth the $$. And if it doesn't work, get the tweezers.
Ouch! Tweezers, really? If that works then I will keep it in mind to try on my kids next time (I'm a little skeptical but the little people make great guinea pigs and have short memeories if it is not such a great idea)Jules--Mucinex doesn't work for Mike--or maybe it does and I just hate to spend the $ on it, I can never remember! Hope you are feeling better--TB
Post a Comment