Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pix from the ride

Here are some pictures that were taken during the ride.

Heading out first thing in the morning... "Team C" (D has red handlebars and mine are yellow...)



Here are all the riders and our entourage... we have a full police escort, paramedics, a gear wagon and a box truck should we have a mechanical issue not fixable on the fly.

Here's the hubby checking out his gear before we set off from a school stop.


And me doing the same check to my bike. Aren't we hot in our spandex and helmets?? ; )



D anxiously awaiting for us to take off to the next school... (that's his "concentration' face... he's one serious biker...)




Here's our group rounding a corner. The lead guys, Carl and Todd did us all a favor leading. They had some serious wind resistance to deal with while the rest of us benefited from drafting. But don't feel too bad for them - they are arguably the strongest riders and are racers.... this 100 miles was nothin' to them. At the end D joked with Todd that he could go do his "real workout" now - insinuating that our century was easy for him. The sad part - it was easy for him....




Ah - D had an issue riding behind this guy in the picture. We would try to get away from riding behind him when we lined up to leave a school but he was like a magnet! And he was a "weaver" (weaved side-to-side) and wasn't always as fast going up hills - both being issues when you're riding in this kind of group as tight as we were. (at least he looks like he's having a great time!!)



Ah... the hand slaps at the infamous "That's a woman!!" school....



Lots of our ride between schools was something similar to this... I like how the photographer never got a shot like this that showed any of the mountains... um, I mean hills....



I told you - we're like rock stars!! Look at the posters they made for us!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! I am impressed that you can let go of one side of your handlebars! I would fall off if I did that... Not sure what that says about my bike handling skills. Maybe someday I will be as cool as you! Great pics - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Did you ride through Marcellus? I was driving through there for work that day and there was a large group of bikers with police escorts. I looked for you, but it was too hard to see anyone!!

Zoo Keeper said...

Yes, KVeg - that was us!!!!

eyeheartorange said...

cool!! That looks like a good time, especially the finish line :) congrats!