Funny Lady is a grandma of 5 kids. Did I mention all 5 kids are from her one son?!?!?!? Did I mention that all five kids are under the age of 10? The oldest is 10, the youngest not quite 2.... Yeah - do that math. That's a lot-o-kids in a short period of time.
This week our state has a "February Break". They get the whole week off. And no, it has nothing to do with Easter or Spring break. That's an entirely different week... So FL's son (who's about 4 or 5 years older than me) decided to stop by the office today to surprise grandma - with ALL FIVE kids!
They are the cutest kids and quite well behaved. But they weren't here 2 minutes and my thoughts immediately turned to "WOW I live a quiet life!!" I mean I talk a lot and loudly... I know. But I'm still quiet when compared to five under-10 aged kids - hands down. And what's worse it that they were probably only here in the office a whole 10 minutes!!! They weren't unruly or especially loud - just 5 kids, their dad and FL all talking at the same time?!?!?! Holy moly!
I actually spent most of their visit in my office - I haven't quite confirmed whether or not I'm allergic to kids - but when I went into the kitchen they were all in there walking around, talking to each other, trying to get grandma to give them chocolate (like she said she was going to do until dad put the kabosh on that. Never fear - grandma and the kids eventually won out to each get one bite sized hershey bar.)
I can handle a kid. Maybe even two at the same time - provided I can eventually turn them back over to their parents. But FIVE?!?!?!?!?!?! I almost broke out in a sweat and had a panic attack right here in the office....
2 comments:
I've decided that with 7 kids (6 of them being boys), Glen's childhood home had to be one of the loudest places on the face of the earth. Boys are especially LOUD! His mom is one of the calmest people I know. I think nothing makes her sweat after that. She does say that 1 girl was more trouble than 6 boys though.
I am reminded of how quiet and lovely my life is every time I get together with my friends and their small children....they can't go 30 minutes without someone crying or getting hurt - and those are the adults ;)
Post a Comment