Monday, February 01, 2010

What day is it??

This past weekend the hubby and I went to Florida to go to a Mardi Gras Ball in Coach and Neda's Notions. The Ball was in Mobile, Alabama (of all places....) The story goes that Mardi Grad originated in Mobile. We had quite the most wonderful, whirlwind of a weekend, thoughtfully captured in pictures for my dear readers. ; )

First a few notes. One, I was screwin' around with the particulars of the images. It started so you could see the pictures that were dark better. But I can't just stop at minimal updates. (it's that "picking" neuroses I have.) Therefore you will see some color discrepancies. But I ended up screwing with them so much I can't really fix them at this point. So just deal with it. All of us have lovely peachy-pink complexions in real life. I promise. Except the hubby - standing beside the rest of us he sometimes looked Edward Cullen-pale. And that's not a bad thing 'cuz we all know how I feel about Edward Cullen... ; )

Second, I'm just posting the pictures I think best represent the evening - not necessarily the best pictures of me. I hope you appreciate this. As many of you know, I am especially self conscious of my face. Although I do admit I look a LOT better after the surgery than I did before, my jaw is still crooked. And it is painfully obvious to me in these pictures. But if I only posted pictures that I like of myself then there would only be one or two. And where's the fun in that??

Ok. I'm done. Please proceed.

Here is a group shot of the four of us. NN, Coach, the hubby and me. NN artfully balanced her mamma-jamma, seriously professional camera on the TV of the hotel room for this one. If I had photoshop I would shop out the bed post behind my head. (and many other things, but I won't get into that....)

Here are "The Girls": me, NN and Lady Di. LD is originally from Mobile and has the contacts to get us the tickets to this Ball. Here's probably a good place to explain this Ball. in Mobile there are groups of men that have formed "fraternities", in a sense. Each is called a "krew". During Mardi Gras there is a parade and each krew has their own floats. (unfortunately due to terrible rain the parade this year was postponed for a later date. : ( They each also throw a Ball during the Mardi Gras festivities. We attended the Conde Cavaliers Ball. Dress requirements: Men in tail and women in floor length gowns. Classy!!!


Here is a picture of LD's hubby, Coach and my hubby in their fancy tails!! SEXY!!



The two BFFs from waaaaay back!! Handsome men, if I do say so myself!



We were having SO much fun!!




See, this is how much fun sexy fun I was having!!



The Conde members dress up in costumes for the Ball.



It is tradition that if it is your first time at the Ball a Conde slips you a garter. And since I was a Ball virgin.....



Not a flattering picture of me, but I wanted to make sure you all saw how much fun we were having!!



After the ball headed back to Florida on Saturday. What was really great about this weekend was that my birthday was Thursday and Coach's birthday was Saturday. It was like one HUGE bash! Saturday night we decided to stay in, order pizza and play Wii. Coach and the hubby had a blast playing Guitar Hero.


Since he's singing I guess he knows this song...



We also bowled. Everyone kept making fun of my "style".... but I didn't do too shabby! If works don't knock it!


We had SUCH a great time!! (I'm eloquent, aren't I?? ; ) Of course, as usual, whenever I travel somewhere the weather does shitty things. As it was, FL was in the 40's on Sunday. The other days weren't much better. Oh well, I wasn't there to lay out on the beach anyway!
And of course the hubby and I decided to break down and get a Wii. It is TOO MUCH fun to play. Never fear - I'm sure you'll be hearing about it in the future. (as in all the injuries I sustain while playing a frickin' video game. 'Cuz I'm sure it's going to happen....)



Thanks guys for a wonderful weekend!!













3 comments:

emily said...

you are absolutely BEE U TEE Full!! I love the dress, hair, everything. you are picture perfect!!

Love the new blog style!

e.

MadHatter said...

you are the epitome of fun sexy fun!

The Coach's Wife said...

we LOVED having you here for the weekend! thanks so much for making the trip!!!! (and we're SO relieved that you actually enjoyed it...even with the crunchy-slept-on-it-all-night-and-still-looked-exactly-the-same-hair). ;^)